Top 12 Benefits of Recovering for Love Addicts
By Jim Hall, MS
There are times when Love Addicts may ask themselves whether it's worth the time and energy, and even financial investment to try healing, overcoming their addiction to love. "Is it all worth it?"
I have never meant one person who said recovering wasn't worth it all, no matter how challenging or hard their recovery was. Or how many 'bumps' it took to finally see the light in their recovery path.
That's right, I never met a recovered love addict, who said,
Benefits to Overcoming Addictive Love and Relationships
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of interest in judging other people.
- A loss of interest in judging self.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of the ability to worry.
- Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation (self and others).
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
- Frequent attacks of smiling and affirming ME.
- An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- Increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.